Have you ever had your eye on getting yourself Lean Six Sigma certified but don’t know which certification you should get? Yellow Belt? Green Belt? Black Belt?
Well, not to worry! Scroll down and let’s explore the details and qualification criteria for each Lean Six Sigma (LSS) certification and see which suits you best!
LSS White Belt is the introductory level to Lean Six Sigma training. If you are still new to the concept and want to understand the basics (i.e., what LSS is and its history), then this is a good start for you.
There are no prerequisites or eligibility requirements for White Belt certification. So, anyone who wants to get the gist of it can take this introductory-level course. Try it out!
*For the time being, our LSS White Belt program is only available for in-house training; therefore, if you are interested in having your employees participate in this program, fill in your details here to apply.
If you are – or will be – a team member involved in process improvement projects and want to contribute to the team’s success, then the Yellow Belt training programme is the right one for you as a starting point in your professional LSS journey.
This training provides more fundamental information on LSS – e.g., how LSS works and its benefits to organizations, etc. – and gives you a clear grasp of basic LSS tools/techniques and how to utilize them in your projects.
There are usually no formal prerequisites for Yellow Belt certification. Hence, all employees – even those employed for less than a year – who want to professionally grow can join this programme. However, it is recommended that you have a basic understanding of statistical concepts and tools to fully grasp the whole training and how LSS can be deployed.
If you want to acquire special skills and knowledge appropriate to lead process improvement projects or become a specialist, then the LSS Green Belt training programme would suit best for you.
The training encompasses the Green Belt syllabus and covers contents from preceding Belts to offer a thorough understanding of LSS, including the knowledge of Lean Enterprise and all aspects of the DMAIC model in accordance with Six Sigma principles including how you can effectively execute LSS tools and techniques. Ultimately preparing you to handle projects.
This is an executive-level training but anyone who is interested is welcome to join. Additionally, contrary to popular belief, you do not need to acquire LSS YB before you can advance to GB certification. In fact, the minimum requirement only involves your career and work responsibilities. For example, a process operator leading low to medium-impact projects or involved in medium to high-impact projects.
If you want to become a Lean Six Sigma specialist, an expert in process improvement, or lead large-scale projects, then the LSS Black Belt (BB) programme is the ideal one for you. It provides advanced training in LSS knowledge that covers all of the above Belts’ contents, tools, and techniques as well as advanced topics that prepare you to lead teams and handle complex projects.
Additionally, you will learn effective ways to ensure your organization’s competitive edge, improve process/service, and develop the right skills to enhance customer experience and sustain performance improvement as well as gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the DMAIC model in accordance with Six Sigma principles. You will also be coached to develop team leadership, understand team dynamics, and assign team member roles and responsibilities.
Similar to LSS GB, you do not need to acquire the preceding belt certification to be eligible for the BB certification. In fact, despite this training being a management-level programme, anyone is welcome to join if they’re up to the challenge and the prerequisite only involves your career and work responsibilities. For instance, a manager managing a team and having several years of experience in handling medium to high-impact projects.
MASTER BLACK BELT
If you want to become an expert in LSS and lead multiple BB projects, then the Master Black Belt (MBB) programme is appropriate. It provides an advanced programme in project management and leadership skills.
This training takes LSS training to the next level in the effort of identifying, supporting, and delivering your organization’s goals. The LSS MBB’s role is to work with the leadership team and make the vision a reality through continuous improvement. Aside from being an expert in LSS tools and techniques and able to conduct multiple LSS projects, your responsibility as an MBB also includes being a coach, facilitator, mentor, programme leader, and change agent.
In this programme, you will learn to improve your leadership, project management, and technical skills.
To be eligible for the LSS MBB certification, you need to fulfil three key prerequisites, which include:
- A certified Black Belt
- Conducted improvement projects for at least 3 years
- Has applied DMAIC methodology on a real improvement project
If you are interested in participating in any of our Lean Six Sigma training, there are multiple training modes that you could choose from that may suit you; public training, in-house training, and online training.
Check them out, participate in the training, and get yourself certified!
As is known, earning a Lean Six Sigma certification comes with numerous benefits to both you as an employee and your organization! These benefits include;
- Increase career opportunities – With an LSS certification under your belt (the higher the belt, the better), you can stand out in the job market and open up new career opportunities. Many organizations value the skills and knowledge that come with a Lean Six Sigma certification and actively seek out certified professionals to lead process improvement projects.
- Maximise income potential – Certified Lean Six Sigma professionals often earn higher salaries than non-certified employees. This is because they bring valuable skills and expertise to the table that can help organizations improve processes and save money.
- Enhance problem-solving skills – The Lean Six Sigma methodology provides a structured approach to problem-solving that can be applied to a wide range of industries and situations. As a certified professional, you will have the skills and knowledge to identify problems, gather and analyze data, and develop solutions that can help organizations improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Professional development – Pursuing a Lean Six Sigma certification can be a valuable form of professional development. It can help individuals develop new skills, broaden their knowledge base, and gain exposure to new industries and job roles.
- Cost saving – Lean Six Sigma methodology can help organizations identify areas where costs can be reduced or eliminated. By implementing process improvements, organizations can reduce waste, lower costs, and improve their bottom line.
- Competitive advantage – Organizations that implement Lean Six Sigma methodologies can gain a competitive advantage by improving quality, increasing efficiency, and reducing costs. This can help them stand out in the marketplace and attract new customers.
- Employment development – Pursuing a Lean Six Sigma certification can be a valuable form of professional development for employees. It can help them develop new skills, broaden their knowledge base, and gain exposure to new industries and job roles. This can lead to increased employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
- Boost productivity – Lean Six Sigma focuses on streamlining processes and reducing waste. By eliminating unnecessary steps and optimizing workflows, organizations can improve efficiency, reduce costs, and increase productivity.
- Improve quality standards – The Lean Six Sigma methodology is focused on enhancing quality by reducing defects and minimizing waste. By implementing Lean Six Sigma methodologies, organizations can improve the quality of their products and services, which can lead to increase in revenue, customer satisfaction, loyalty, and sustainable business.
To put it briefly, when choosing the right Lean Six Sigma Belt, consider your career goals, your level of experience, and the level of responsibility you want to assume in your organization.
Our company, MBizM Group is a renown Lean Six Sigma training provider in Malaysia. We, as a company, strive to ensure the best possible training for our participants who are eager to undertake the Lean Six Sigma journey.
So, get yourself certified and upskill yourself for a more secure future!
Still deliberating? Then, try out our Lean Six Sigma certification eligibility quiz to find out the BEST belt for YOU!
For more information, please contact us at https://www.mbizm.com/contact-us/